We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate Interior Designers to join our boutique design team. Ideally, you are someone with a wicked creative streak and the uncanny ability to string together various concepts easily whilst creating (functional!) magic on the drawing board. If you live to design not design to live and are a self-professed interiors/FF&E-freak - we want you! On a serious note, you will, of course, also be involved in all stages of the project, and responsibilities include providing key support to our Design Directors and Senior Designers where you will lead and develop projects to ensure that an initial concept is refined, detailed, and completed successfully according to the brief and budget.
• Understanding Project Briefs whilst ascertaining the clients’ needs and preferences.
• Developing concept designs in line with the Brief & Budget.
• Researching and drawing up layout plans, assisting Seniors in the sourcing of suppliers / preparation of materials, etc. Overseeing and following up closely with the necessary paperwork / project documentation processes where required.
• Communicating effectively with key team members and contractors on a regular basis to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
• Assisting team in creating mood boards to showcase suitable materials, furniture, and finishings, as well as sourcing for materials.
• Developing detailed designs for FF&E, alongside working drawings with AutoCad and Office software.
• Clearly scheduling and communicating all costs and specifications to various parties.
• Following key milestones set by Directors / Team in conjunction with the project program & report on progress to the Project team on a weekly basis.
• Co-ordinating workload across multiple projects, ensuring that all stages of individual projects are delivered with clarity on time and on budget.
• Maintaining and developing existing relationships with suppliers, contractors, and artisans whilst researching new suppliers to ascertain suitability and expanding supplier database.
• Keeping abreast on current trends, materials, mood images for updating of the library.